Do you like sweet and tangy flavors? This Apple Ginger Glaze has both, and is the perfect complement for any type of pork! Make it in a saucepan in 10 minutes (or less), and brush it over pork chops or ham while it’s cooking for a fun new flavor.
You can find fresh ginger in the produce department in most grocery stores. Peel the skin off the outside before grating.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple jelly
- 3 Tablespoons apple butter
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and syrupy and reduced to about 1-1/2 cups.
- Remove whole cloves before using the glaze.
- This glaze would be great on any smoked pork item or any cooked fresh pork item.
- You can find fresh ginger in the produce department in most grocery stores. Peel the skin off the outside before grating.