Your whole family is going to love this Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole using Dewig Meats Pan Sausage. Have fun on your next burger night, and your whole family will be at the table begging for more!
Thanks to Plain Chicken for the original version of this recipe.
- 1.5 pounds Dewig Meats Pan Sausage
- 15 pieces Dewig Meats Bacon chopped into dime-size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Ed's Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1-24 ounce package tater tots, thawed
- 2-10.75 ounce cans Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Place frozen tater tots in the refrigerator to thaw.
- In a large skillet, fry sausage, bacon, and Ed's Seasoning.
- Drain, and set meat mixture aside to cool.
- When meat mixture is cool enough to handle, place in a large bowl with tater tots, cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture in a lightly sprayed 9" x 13" pan. (We prefer Vegalene Buttery Delite, which can be found at Dewig Meats.)
- Cover with foil, and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake casserole, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle parsley on top for color.
- Cook casserole, uncovered, for 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- We prefer Dewig Meats Pan Sausage in this recipe, but you can substitute Dewig Meats Ground Beef if you like.
- Any variety of shredded cheese will work, but we prefer Mild or Sharp Cheddar cheese.