The next time you need an appetizer for your family, make these Bacon-Powered Deviled Eggs. This recipe is a fun twist on the classic Deviled Eggs by adding lots of Dewig Meats Famous Bacon. The recipe only calls for 2 pieces of bacon, but who can stop at just two?
This is a Darla (Dewig) Kiesel original. You can tell by the contemporary use of bacon.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Jim's #1 Seasoning
- 2 Slices Dewig Bacon
- Hard boil eggs, and let cool at least overnight.
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and fry. Let bacon drain on paper towel after frying.
- Peel hard boiled eggs.
- Cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Carefully remove yolk and place all yolks in a small bowl.
- Add Miracle Whip to yolks and mix/smash yolks into a smooth consistency.
- Add sugar and Jims #1 Seasoning to yolk mixture and mix well.
- With a spoon, scoop yolk mixture into the "cup" portion of the halved eggs.
- Sprinkle paprika on top of eggs.
- Top each egg with desired amount of bacon.
- After hard boiling eggs (either by boiling in a pot, using an egg cooker, or in the oven), shock the eggs by putting hot eggs in ice water bath. Let sit in ice bath until ice melts, and then add more ice. It will help the peeling process the next day.
- There are lots of substitutions that can be made to this recipe. If you like hotter varieties, switch the Paprika for Chili Powder. Mustard can also be added to the yolk mixture.
- We suggest using ALL of the deviled egg mixture. The eggs cups will be very full.