This recipe for Banana Bread is a great addition to any breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe is even a nice dessert that is not overpowering. It pairs great with a cup of coffee for a morning treat.
For a sweeter version of this recipe, try our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Thanks to Allrecipes for the original version of this recipe, which can be viewed here.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream, nuts, and bananas. Make sure bananas are MASHED.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until toothpick is inserted into center and comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Place plate on top of bread and flip bread pan over onto plate. Flip again to slice.