Are you looking for an easy recipe for a busy day? This Beefy Beef Stew takes almost no time to put together, and simmers in your slow cooker all day long. We like to use Dewig Meats Chuck Roast, but you can use Arm Roast, Rump Roast, or Stew Meat instead – whatever your family likes and you have handy!
Thanks to Foodista for the original version of this recipe!
- 3 pounds Dewig's Beef Chuck Roast cut into 1" x 1" chunks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods Sliced Carrots
- 3 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onions
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoons Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat in pan with olive oil (do not cook completely).
- Line your 6-quart slow cooker with a Pan Saver Slow Cooker Liner.
- Mix beef and all remaining ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- One hour before serving, mix sauce ingredients together, and add to the stew. Mix well.
- Cook for an additional 45 minutes on low.
- You can use boneless or bone-in chuck roast. If using bone-in, cut meat away from the bone and discard the bone.
- Arm roast, rump roast, or stew meat can be substituted for the chuck roast. Chuck roast just seems to be a favorite in the Dewig family!
- This is a well seasoned beef stew. If you like your recipes more mild, please cut back especially on black pepper.