This is not your traditional meatloaf! Packed with Cajun seasoning, Tabasco sauce, and some special ingredients from Dewig Meats, this Cajun Meatloaf is filled with amazing flavors. Your whole family will love this twist on a comfort food classic.
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe!
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds Dewig's Pork Sausage
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup Dewig's Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 4-5 strips Dewig's Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, onion, Cajun seasoning, pepper, and salt. Mix, but do not over mix.
- Add Tabasco sauce to egg mixture. Then pour egg mixture into meat mixture.
- Mix well, but do not over mix.
- Spray 9x9 pan or 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Form meat into a loaf shape, and place in sprayed dish.
- (Optional: Chop bacon pieces into ½" by ½" cubes.) Place bacon on top of meatloaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven.
- Turn on broiler to low. Place meatloaf under broiler for 15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Please note that there will be a color differentation in the meat loaf from the top to the middle. Where the bacon is touching the sausage (top of meatloaf) you will notice a lighter pink ring. There is no problem with that ring, it is just the reaction between a cured product (bacon) and a raw product (sausage).
- Top with ketchup, BBQ Sauce or Tabasco if desired.
Reviewed: DKiesel 2017