This recipe for Cheesy Squash & Zucchini Bake is a summer favorite, loaded with flavor, and a great addition to lunch or dinner. This side dish is a great way to tie in summer squash and zucchini. The richness of the cheddar and Parmesan cheese make this side dish creamy, savory, and packed with flavor!
This recipe is a Darla (Dewig) Kiesel original.
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Fajita Vegetables
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium sized squash
- 1 medium to large zucchini
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel squash and zucchini, then cut both into ½" slices.
- Over medium heat saute fajita vegetables, garlic, onions, and butter in large pan approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring regularly.
- Mix together whipping cream, squash, zucchini, pepper, salt, and Parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Add squash and zucchini mixture to pan and saute over low-medium heat approximately 8 minutes until bubbly and sauce thickens, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Add bread crumbs on top of mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Squash & Zucchini Bake is extremely hot. Wait a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
- Dewig Meats Hickory Smoked Bacon along with mushrooms would be a nice addition to this recipe.