This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a great addition to any meal. The addition of chocolate chips really sets this recipe apart from a typical banana bread. The chocolate chips add a sweetness to the bread but they don’t overpower it. This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread can be served as a breakfast item that would pair well with bold coffee, or can even be served as a flavorful dessert.
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 x 5 (or similar size) loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until completely smooth.
- Stir melted butter into the mashed bananas until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour to banana mixture. Stir until batter is thick and combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and then pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely on a wire rack. Slice when cooled.