Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a chocolate lover’s dream come true! This recipe is the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter, even Reese’s can’t compare. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are quick to make, and even quicker to eat! Make these for your next party and we guarantee you won’t have any left by the end of the night.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try our Peanut Butter S’mores Bars!
Thanks to Darla (Dewig) Kiesel for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- Combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- Mixture should be pretty wet. If mixture looks too dry, add a few more Tablespoons of softened butter.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Drop peanut butter balls into bowl of chocolate.
- With spoons, scoop chocolate around 3/4 of peanut butter ball leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye.
- Remove excess chocolate and place peanut butter balls on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Reheat chocolate mixture as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To keep Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls longer, continue to refrigerate.