Not much beats a good Corned Beef Sandwich piled high with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese. The tanginess of the sauerkraut combined with the creaminess of the dressing takes the flavor of this sandwich to the next level.
Special thanks to Darla (Dewig) Kiesel for this recipe.
- 12 rolls (Hawaiian rolls)
- ¾ cup Russian dressing (ingredients below)
- 1 package (approximately 1.5 pounds) of corned beef, shredded
- 4 big slices of Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the onions for the Russian dressing in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the Russian dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- With a knife, cut the rolls in half horizontally.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the bottom of the buns in the pan.
- Spread the Russian dressing liberally on both the bottom half and the top half of the rolls.
- Place the shredded corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese on the bottom half of the buns.
- Place top of buns on sandwiches, adding additional Russian dressing again if desired.
- Brush melted butter on bun.
- Wrap up tight with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the sliders sit for approximately 5 minutes before cutting.
- May serve with any additional Russian dressing on the side if desired.
- Pick your favorite sauerkraut for this recipe. Sweet sauerkraut, sour sauerkraut, or homemade sauerkraut will work.