When you need a quick meal to feed a hungry family, try this Creamy Baked Ziti with Dewig Meats Ground Beef. If you can boil noodles and brown ground beef, you can make this dish! The “secret ingredients” in the sauce mean that this baked pasta comes out of the oven smooth and creamy, instead of dry and chewy. Check out our selection of Coloma Frozen Foods Vegetables – add a few cups of frozen veggies right into the sauce, or steam some for a quick and easy side dish to make this meal complete.
Thanks to Macaroni & Cheesecake for the original version of this recipe.
- 2 pounds Dewig Meats Ground Beef
- 16 ounce box penne or ziti noodles
- 2-24 ounce jars marinara sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta as directed on box, to al dente firmness. Strain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. When done, drain excess grease. Discard grease.
- Add the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, minced onion, and diced tomatoes to the beef. Stir well. Heat sauce mixture over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream. Continue heating over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the cream cheese and sour cream are melted.
- Place half the noodles in the baking dish. Top with half the sauce mixture. Stir to mix.
- Spread half the Mozzarella cheese and half the Parmesan cheese on top of the noodles.
- Layer the rest of the noodles on top of the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Use a very large skillet to prepare the meat and sauce mixture.
- You will need a deep 9" x 13" pan to fit the entire recipe. You may want to use two 8" x 8" pans instead.
- You can add 1 cup of Coloma Frozen Foods Mushrooms and 1 cup of Coloma Frozen Foods Green Peppers to get some more vegetables in this recipe. With the extra veggies, you may need an extra 12 ounces of sauce. Layer the vegetables in the baking pan with the sauce. You will need a pan larger than 9" x 13" to fit everything with the extra vegetables.