Eating dirt never tasted so good! This recipe for Dirt Pudding will satisfy kids and adults alike. This recipe doesn’t require any cooking and comes together in about 30 minutes, so it’s the perfect dessert to make on warm summer’s day. For a creepy crawly Halloween dessert, try adding gummy worms on top.
This recipe is basic, but oh so tasty! This is the Dewig Meats version of a basic Dirt Pudding.
While this is an excellent recipe, we at Dewig Meats cannot take credit for being the inventors of Dirt Pudding. Websites such as food.com and allrecipes.com also have many types of Dirt Pudding recipes. Many variations of this recipe exist. Some recipes suggest adding gummy worms to fit the title,”Dirt” Pudding. Other recipes add Bailey’s Liquor for a delightful and strong flavor.
- 1 large package Oreo cookies
- 1 large container of Cool Whip
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small packages instant French Vanilla pudding
- Crumble Oreo cookies. (Our favorite way is to put the cookies in a Ziploc bag and then break them with a rolling pin, or beat them with a metal spatula.)
- Divide out 1/4 of crumbled Oreo cookies and set aside.
- Put 3/4 of crumbled Oreo cookies on the bottom of an 11x13 dish.
- Mix cream cheese, margarine, and powdered sugar with electric mixer. Set mixture aside.
- Make pudding according to the directions on the box using a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add cream cheese mixture and Cool Whip to pudding and mix together.
- Pour mixture over crumbled Oreo cookies.
- Place remaining cookies evenly on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer prior to eating.