Every great Dewig Meats recipe deserves a great side dish. These Garlicky Ranch Mashed Potatoes are packed with so much flavor, your whole family will love them. They complement all our recipes nicely, but we especially recommend these mashed potatoes with our Salisbury Steak.
Thanks to Spend With Pennies for the original version of this recipe!
- 4 pounds potatoes (any variety)
- equivalent of 4 garlic cloves (squeezable pre-minced garlic), or use 4 cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley or chives
- Milk, as needed
- Wash potatoes and peel off 3/4 of skin.
- Cut potatoes into large pieces.
- Put potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Add garlic to potatoes and water.
- Cook on high until potatoes are softened, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft, drain potatoes and garlic. Remove pot from stove and return potatoes to the same pot.
- Mash lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients, including milk if potatoes seem too stiff. Mash to desired consistency.
- If potatoes are too cool when mashing is done, warm them up on the stove over low heat.