When it comes to appetizers, these are as easy and delicious as they come. These Honey Mustard Little Smokies will wow the crowd at any summer BBQ or holiday party. This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty that will have your guests asking for more. The best part… they only require 3 ingredients, all found at Dewig Meats!
For another crowd-pleasing appetizer, try our Bacon-Powered Deviled Eggs.
Thanks to Karen Dewig for this recipe.
- 2 - 1 pound packages Dewig Meats Little Smokies
- 2 pounds Dewig Meats Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 jar Simply Supreme Honey Mustard
- 1 box toothpicks
- Cut up each Little Smokie into 3 pieces. For more exact size pieces, cut the end of each Little Smokie off.
- Cut up each slice of bacon into 2 pieces.
- Wrap each half slice of bacon around each Little Smokie, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place each Little Smokie into a large aluminium pan.
- Douse each Little Smokie with honey mustard. Use the entire bottle. Take extra caution to not squirt honey mustard on toothpicks. The toothpicks get extremely stick if you get honey mustard on them.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
- After cooking, transfer each Little Smokie to serving dish. (The original baking dish will have quite a bit of grease on the bottom, and that hardens if the pan is cooled down.)
- For a sweeter flavor, try sprinkling brown sugar over the Little Smokies after adding honey mustard.