Who says pork chops have to be boring? Try this Maple Orange Glaze the next time you cook pork chops, and you won’t go back to plain old pork chops again! It is very easy to make, and delicious on any kind of pork. Pour it over pork chops and cook them in the oven, brush it on a ham steak on the grill, or just use it as a dipping sauce for grilled pork chops.
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and syrupy, and reduced to about 1 cup.
- This glaze would be great on any smoked pork item or any cooked fresh pork item.