If you love Mexican-inspired food, but are bored with regular tacos, you will love this Meat Lover’s Taco Salad! It’s packed with Dewig’s Ground Beef and topped with plenty of shredded cheese and yummy veggies. Pack as many (or as few) veggies in as you want and make this recipe your own.
Thanks to our friend Tracy Peerman Hoefling for the original recipe years and years ago!
- 2.5 pounds Dewig's Ground Beef
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1-10 ounce bag Doritos
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or Pizza Blend)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped (smaller pieces are better)
- 1-16 ounce bottle Western Brand The Original Sweet & Smooth Dressing (similar to French dressing)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Black beans
- Additional shredded cheese
- Additional dressing
- Anything else you want!
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain.
- Mix taco seasoning with ground beef and let cool.
- Crumble Doritos and mix all ingredients except dressing and additional toppings together.
- When ready to serve, add dressing and toss to mix.
- The Doritos will be soggy and the lettuce will wilt overnight. If you plan on having leftovers, only mix Doritos and lettuce in the portion you plan to eat right away. Save extra chips and lettuce and add when ready to serve.
- Use ground beef hot or cold, both are great!
- We like the regular version of Dewig's Ground Beef best. If you want a leaner version, try our Dewig's Extra-Lean Ground Beef.