Are you looking to kick your spaghetti up a notch? This recipe for Million Dollar Spaghetti is packed full of yummy savory flavors. Full of gooey mozzarella and savory Italian sausage, this recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Try serving Million Dollar Spaghetti with our Garlic Asparagus.
Thanks to Darla (Dewig) Kiesel for this recipe.
- 16 ounces dried spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Dewig Meats Original Italian Sausage
- 2 - 24 ounce jars spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup butter cut into slices and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water with 1 Tablespoon of salt to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- Drain well and then return pasta to original pot.
- Add 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce to pasta and combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until it simmers.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until they begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add sausage to skillet.
- Brown and crumble sausage with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until there is no longer any pink in sausage. Drain well.
- Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce to skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place half of the sliced butter in the baking dish.
- Spread half of the spaghetti in the dish.
- Then spread the cheese mixture evenly over noodles.
- Top with the remaining butter slices.
- Add the remaining spaghetti over the cheese mixture.
- Pour sausage mixture evenly over top layer of spaghetti.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and bake in preheated oven until casserole is heated through, about 35-45 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and then serve.