It’s summer, and what could be better than decadent, chocolaty cookies that never need to go in the oven? These No Bake Cookies are done in just 20 minutes. The hardest part is waiting to eat them until they harden!
Thanks to Sugar Apron for the original version of this recipe.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3½ cups quick cook oats
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. (*Note: 3½ cups quick oats is too little, but 4 cups is too much. After 3½ cups, continue to add oats sparingly until you get to a pliable consistency. 3½ cups is too runny to make a cookie that will stay together.)
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Let cookies cool until set. This takes about 10-15 minutes.