This recipe for Soft and Chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, will wow the crowd at your next event. These cookies are moist, chewy, and full of decadent flavor!
For other Nutella recipes, try our Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Blondies.
This is an original recipe from AverieCooks. We have revised the directions portion of the recipe just a bit, but we guarantee we have not changed the flavor. The original version of this recipe can be viewed here.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl beat butter, Nutella, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- In another large bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup at a time of flour mixture into Nutella mixture.
- Beat just until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (1/4 cup) or using your hands, form approximately 16 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and then flatten slightly.
- Place a few chocolate chips on top of each ball.
- Place balls onto a large plate or tray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place dough onto cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges and tops are just set.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store cookies in airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Cookies have to set up. You cannot skip the 3 hours of refrigeration time. If you do the cookies will be a sloppy mess instead of a cookie.