A twist on a classic recipe, these Nutella Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls will be a big hit at your next party or get-together! Not much beats chocolate and peanut butter together. The addition of Nutella really kicks this recipe up a notch! This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Thanks to Jif Peanut Butter for the original version of this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- Combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla, Nutella, and salt in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- Shape into 1" balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
- Repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
- Drop peanut butter balls into bowl of chocolate.
- With spoons, scoop chocolate around entire ball. Remove excess.
- Place chocolate coated Nutella peanut butter balls on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To keep peanut butter balls longer, continue to refrigerate. They will last up to one week in an airtight container.