Do you love s’mores but want to avoid the campfire? This recipe for Peanut Butter S’mores Bars is sure to excite any s’more lover! The graham cracker dough on the bottom, topped with the chocolate layer and marshmallow creme is a true representation of the “old time” s’more you used to make as a kid.
Thanks to Karen at The Food Charlatan for the original version of this recipe which can be found here.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips, plus additional ¼ cup
- 1-7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heavily spray 8x8 or 9x9 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and ¼ cup peanut butter until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar to bowl.
- Beat well again.
- Add eggs and vanilla to bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt to bowl.
- Mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Spread half of the dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread ⅓ cup peanut butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle with 1½ cups chocolate chips.
- Remove lid and foil from marshmallow creme jar.
- Microwave marshmallow creme for 10 seconds, then microwave again for 10 more seconds.
- Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate chips.
- Place remainder of dough on top of marshmallow creme. This is not an easy task. We suggest dropping small pieces and then spread it to the best of your ability. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle an additional ¼ cup chocolate chips on top and let bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes to lightly melt chocolate chips.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.