This recipe for Sausage Balls will make a big hit with any crowd. If you bring these to a party, there won’t be any to take home! They are easy to make, tender, and delicious. This is an extremely quick and easy appetizer, especially for beginners!
For another crowd pleasing appetizer, try our Honey Mustard Little Smokies.
Thanks to Darla (Dewig) Kiesel for this recipe.
- 3 pounds Dewig Meats Pan Sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs (or equivalent to in crackers, any kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Ed's Olde World Seasoning
- ketchup for topping sausage balls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients (except ketchup).
- Roll sausage into balls with hands. Balls need to be a little bit larger than a golf ball.
- Arrange sausage balls on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until each sausage ball has an internal temperature of 160 degrees or higher.
- Rotate each sausage balls every 5 minutes while baking.
- Place approximately 1 Tablespoon of ketchup on top of each ball after baking.
- Serve as a main entree or with Dewig Meat's cheese slices and crackers as a yummy appetizer.