Comfort food at its finest right here! This recipe for Sausage Goulash reminds us of Grandma’s cooking, and boy was that tasty! This is a very simple recipe, but full of flavor. The added green chilies also help with a kick of spice, but not enough to call this recipe “spicy.” We are sure you will enjoy this Sausage Goulash with your family.
This recipe was adapted from one by Jackye Homeyer and the original version can be found here.
- 2-1/2 pounds Dewig's Pork Sausage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ed's Old World Seasoning
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can green chilies
- ¼ cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods White Sweet Corn
- 2-8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Cut Green Beans
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-8 ounce can petite diced tomatoes (undrained) or tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Brown sausage in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Drain sausage, crumble, and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except noodles to browned meat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain macaroni and add to sausage mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve immediately.
- You can substitute Dewig's Ground Beef for Dewig's Pork Sausage if desired.