Slow Cooker Beef Roast is easy to make comfort food. The beef is so tender it melts in your mouth and is exceptionally flavorful. It takes very little preparation to create a delicious meal the whole family will love.
This is one of Darla Kiesel’s original recipes.
- 3.5 to 4 pound Dewig Meats Bone-In Chuck Roast (cut in half to fit in slow cooker better)
- 1-4 ounce Louie's Seasoning Rub
- 2 packages beef stew seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 1 - 2.5 pound package Coloma Frozen Foods Stew Vegetables
- Rub chuck roast with Louie's seasoning.
- Heavily rub and pat seasoning into roast.
- Re-wrap roast and seasoning and let set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker. We prefer PanSaver Slow Cooker Liners with Sure Fit Band.
- If any additional Louie's seasoning is left behind, put it in slow cooker.
- Mix 2 cups water with 1 package of beef stew seasoning. Add in 1 Tablespoon of beef broth.
- Repeat last step again.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Place frozen vegetables into slow cooker with meat and seasoning.
- Submerge vegetables in broth.
- Cook another 4 hours on low.
- Many roasts such as rump roast, arm roast, or even boneless chuck roasts will work. Our personal favorite is a bone-in chuck roast.
- This recipe is pretty mild. You may also like to add in some additional black pepper, Jim's #1 Seasoning, Ed's Seasoning, or even cayenne pepper to make it a bit hotter.
- Our slow cooker has a setting for 10 hours. We turn it to that setting. After 6 hours we add the vegetables and continue cooking. There is no need to restart the slow cooker.