Are you looking for a new and different way to cook pork chops? These Slow Cooker Italian Pork Chops from Dewig Meats are packed with flavor, and so easy to make in your slow cooker. Set them up in the morning, and have a delicious dinner ready when you get home from work!
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe.
- 2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 4-6 Bone-In Pork Chops (1" or 1.5" thick)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-14.5 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-15.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (any seasoned variety), undrained
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh Mushrooms
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Famiglia Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place diced onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle pork chops with remaining salt and pepper. Toss pork chops in flour.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place 2 chops on top of onion in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the garlic mixture.
- Add the remaining chops to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining garlic mixture.
- Pour the diced tomatoes over the pork chops; add zucchini and mushrooms.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the contents of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook 6 hours on low.
- When done, remove 1 cup of liquid from the slow cooker and place it in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water.
- Add cornstarch to liquid in saucepan, and cook on medium until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve pork chops and gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Boneless American Pork Chops can be used in place of bone-in pork chops.