This recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the perfect combination of sweet and tart! Sweet strawberries combine with tart rhubarb baked in a buttery, flaky crust makes this pie a dessert that will wow all your family and friends!
Try our other pie recipes!
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water, warm
- 2 1/2 cups frozen rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package Pillsbury Pie crusts (2 per package)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place one of the pie crusts into a 9" pie pan.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork approximately 10 times.
- Place a piece of wax paper in pie pan over crust. Place another pie pan or some type of weights (beans, rice) in pie pan.
- Cover edges of pie crust with aluminum foil or pie crust cover.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and 1 1/2 Tablespoons water. Mix well.
- In a large bowl combine rhubarb and strawberries.
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup flour over berries. Stir well.
- Add 1 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Pour cornstarch/water mixture over berry mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour berry mixture into pre-baked crust.
- Place second pie crust on top of mixture.
- Wet edge of bottom crust with water.
- Press top crust edge together with bottom crust edge to seal.
- Cut 5 small slits into crust for ventilation.
- Combine egg white and 1 Tablespoon water in small bowl. Brush onto pie crust.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon white sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.