Are you stuck on boring flavors for dinner? This Sweet Apricot Glaze made with Coloma Frozen Foods Apricots is easy to make, and will give any meal a great finish. Pour the Sweet Apricot Glaze over a pork roast before you put it in the oven, add it to chicken breasts after grilling, or just use it as a dipping sauce for steamed Coloma Frozen Foods Vegetables. No matter how you use it, you can’t go wrong!
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe.
- 2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods Apricots, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Easley Sweet Barrel White Wine
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until apricots have softened.
- Remove from heat. Reserve ¼-1/3 cup of apricots.
- Pour rest of apricots and sauce into a blender or food processor. Puree for 30 seconds.
- Pour pureed apricot mixture back into saucepan. Return reserved apricots to saucepan.
- Cook apricot mixture over medium-low heat for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the glaze reaches the desired consistency.
- If you want a thicker sauce, cook the pureed mixture for longer so more liquid evaporates.
- Apply this glaze to meat during roasting.
- Pour this glaze over meat after cooking is complete.
- Use this glaze as a dipping sauce for meat or vegetables.