Who doesn’t love a classic Chili Dog? Kick it up a notch with these Chili Cheese Dogs – use Dewig Meats hot dogs and our exclusive Chili Roll for an easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love.
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe!
- 1 package Dewig Jumbo Hot Dogs
- 1 Dewig Chili Roll, thawed
- 1 package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon water
- Optional toppings: jalapeno slices; diced onions
- Grill hot dogs or boil in water until done.
- Place chili roll in medium saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water. Stir well.
- Heat on low, stirring frequently until hot.
- Place hot dogs on buns, add chili, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Dewig Chili Roll is a mild chili. If you want more heat, add 1 teaspoon of chili pepper or chili powder while heating.
- The hot dogs are best grilled. Boiled hot dogs will work perfectly fine, but grilling seems to give the hot dogs their best flavor.