If you want an easy, cheesy dinner that the whole family will love, you have got to try these French Onion Pork Chops. Dewig Meats Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops or Boneless America’s Cut Chops are the perfect option for these tasty seasonings. Ready in just 45 minutes, this is a hearty meal for a busy weeknight.
Thanks to The Midnight Baker for the original version of this recipe!
- 4 Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup caramelized (or sauteed) onions
- ¾ cup Beef Stock
- ¼ cup White Cooking Wine
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Dewig Meats Jim's #1 Seasoning
- Parsley or Chive Flakes
- Heavily season chops on both sides with Jim's #1 Seasoning and let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook chops, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large saucepan on the stove to medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and quickly brown chops on both sides.
- Place caramelized onions, beef stock, and white wine in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place the pork chops in the pan on top of the onion mixture.
- Lightly spread 1 teaspoon of mustard on top of each pork chop. Place a meat thermometer in the center of the largest pork chop.
- Cook pork chops for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Remove chops from oven, and add 1 slice of Provolone cheese to the top of each pork chop.
- Put pork chops back into the oven for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley or chives.
- Boneless American Pork Chops would also be a great meat selection.