This Marinated Flank Steak from Dewig Meats is an easy way to prepare a delicious piece of steak. Flank steak can be a little tricky, but this marinade makes it perfect every time. It cooks quickly on your grill, and is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Special thanks to Brent Weatherwax for this tasty dish!
- 1.5 pound beef flank steak
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Dijon mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, onion, ginger, pepper, honey, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add a small squirt of Dijon mustard.
- Coat steak with marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight is recommended.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook meat for 5-7 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Cooking at 5 minutes on each side will be more rare. Cooking at 7 minutes on each side will be closer to a medium in doneness.
- Take off grill and let rest for 7 minutes.
- Cut against grain to desired thickness.
- Flank Steak can be tenderized. However, a tenderized Flank Steak could lose flavor by the tenderizing.