We have everything you need to make a quick turkey dinner, any time of year! Dewig Meats’ boneless, skinless turkey breasts cook up fast in the oven (or in your slow cooker). They are perfect cooked with our Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion and chicken broth made from Blue Label Chicken Base. Use a rub made with our special Jim’s #1 Seasoning and Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil for turkey everyone will love.
Special thanks to Marybeth Feutz, My Fearless Kitchen, for help with this recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon Blue Label Chicken Base
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 cups heavily iced water
- 2.5-4 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Blue Label Chicken Base
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dewig Meats Jim's #1 Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine all brine ingredients except iced water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve salt and sugar. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place turkey breast in the brine mixture and add the iced water.
- Let sit, refrigerated, overnight (for 12-18 hours).
- Take the turkey breast out of the brine and pat dry. Discard brine.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and the Blue Label Chicken Base to a boil to make chicken broth.
- Pour the chicken broth into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Add the Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion to the broth.
- In a small bowl, mix the Jim's #1 Seasoning and Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil together with a fork.
- Using your fingers, rub the seasoning mixture over the top of the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast in the baking pan, on top of the broth and onion mixture.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the turkey breast. Loosely cover turkey with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Without taking the turkey breast out of the oven, turn the oven down to 350 degrees and cook until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 160 degrees F (approximately 60 minutes cooking time).
- Remove the turkey breast from the oven, and let rest, loosely tented with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes before carving. "Carry over cooking" will bring the internal temperature up to 165 degrees F.