Try using Dewig Meats Regular Pork Sausage for your next pasta night! Our ground sausage complements the rich sauce in this Pasta a la Bolognese perfectly. Add a side dish of our steamed Coloma Frozen Foods Frozen Broccoli Florets for a complete meal.
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 1-1/2 pounds Dewig Meats Regular Pork Sausage
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Sliced Carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup dry white wine (we recommend Easley Sweet Barrel White)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounce package pasta (Penne or Bow-Tie is recommended)
- 1 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion and cook until soft (6-7 minutes).
- Add Dewig Meats Regular Pork Sausage and cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring often to separate meat.
- Finely chop or shred (we recommend using a food processor or blender) carrots and celery.
- Stir in chopped carrot and celery; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add milk; cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, basil, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the sauce is boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf.
- Let cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Heat sauce in a large saucepan on the stove over medium heat, stirring frequently, until warmed through.
- Place hot pasta on a plate or in a bowl. Spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.