Flank steak can be tough if it is cooked incorrectly. It is a very flavorful cut of beef, and it is very tender if you cook it the right way. This recipe for Slow Cooker Cuban Flank Steak is a delicious, foolproof way to prepare flank steak. Your whole family will love it!
Thanks to Deanna Reynolds for this recipe.
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion
- 2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods Fajita Vegetables
- 2-pound Dewig Meats Flank Steak, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Supreme Beef Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Our recommendation is to use a slow cooker liner. Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker. An alternative way would be to spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place onions and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle flank steak with chili powder, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Place steak in the slow cooker, on top of the onions and peppers.
- Mix tabasco, lime juice, Supreme Beef Base, and water in a small bowl. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove steak from slow cooker and shred. Return meat to slow cooker and stir in black beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 more minutes.
- Cook rice on stovetop, according to package directions.
- Serve flank steak over rice.
- This recipe is about "medium" in spiciness. To decrease the heat, decrease the chili powder.