This recipe for Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef is perfect for those nights you don’t have time to cook. Prepare the meat the night before, and the next day all you have to do is turn on your slow cooker. The meat is so tender and flavorful, this recipe is sure to become a hit at your house.
Thanks to The Recipe Critic for the original version of this recipe.
- 2 1/2 pounds flank steak, tri-tip, skirt steak, vacio steak, or hanging tender (vacio steak is a Dewig favorite)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Sliced Carrots, grated or lightly blended into tiny strips or pieces
- green onions (for garnish, optional)
- Cut beef into thin strips approximately 3" long and 1/4" thick and place into a Ziploc bag.
- Add the cornstarch to the meat in the bag and shake, until all of the meat is coated.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and carrots to the slow cooker. Stir.
- Add the coated meat and stir again until coated in the sauce.
- Cook on high in slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours. Meat will be cooked thoroughly and will be tender.
- Mongolian Beef is best served over white or brown rice and garnished with the sliced green onions.