Are you dreaming of traditional German food? Maybe a trip to the homeland is in your future… or maybe not. Try our recipe for Jagerschnitzel with Mushroom Gravy! In just 30 minutes you can have a popular German entree without the 10 hour plane ride.
We recommend serving Jagerschnitzel over our Garlicky Ranch Mashed Potatoes.
Thanks to LoveFoodies for the original version of this recipe, which can be viewed here.
- 4 Dewig Meats Pork Tenderloins, 1/4 pound each
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sliced mushrooms (it's important to use fresh or canned, not frozen)
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 2 brown gravy mixes
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat with vegetable oil and butter.
- Crack and whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip schnitzel in egg wash and then in seasoned flour.
- Place breaded schnitzel in preheated pan.
- Brown schnitzel on both sides.
- Take extra caution to not over cook the schnitzel.
- In a large pan over medium to high heat, saute mushrooms with 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- In a separate pan mix gravy as directed on pouch.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet, pepper, and salt to the gravy.
- Once mushrooms are hot, pour gravy into mushroom pan and mix together.
- Jagerschnitzel with Mushroom Gravy goes great over noodles or over mashed potatoes.