Make your own Salisbury Steak patties with Ground Beef or Ground Sausage from Dewig Meats. This thick, rich gravy is wonderful spooned over patties you make with Dewig’s Ground Beef! Try this recipe for Salisbury Steak with Coloma Frozen Foods Corn and our Garlicky Ranch Mashed Potatoes for comfort food your whole family will love.
Thanks to CincyShopper for the original version of this recipe! Thanks to Darla Kiesel for her help with this recipe.
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Ground Sausage
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Granulated Onion (can substitute onion powder)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 packets brown gravy mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 cups Coloma Frozen Foods Diced Onion (caramelized or sauteed)
- 1 cup Coloma Frozen Foods Mushrooms (sauteed)
- Use more or less onions and mushrooms, depending on your family's preference
- Mix all patty ingredients, except Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil, together in a large bowl.
- Separate meat mixture into 4 roughly equal parts and make 4 "handmade patties."
- Heat 1 tablespoon Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties thoroughly.
- When patties are cooked, reduce temperature to low.
- In a separate bowl, stir brown gravy mix and hot water together. Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. If desired, add sauteed onions and mushrooms.
- Pour gravy mixture over meat.
- Let meat and gravy simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally.