This Rustic Apricot Pie is sweet, tart, and packs quite a punch in the flavor department. The crispy crust is oozing with gooey apricot filling. It’ll be a dessert the whole family will love!
Thanks to Natasha’s Kitchen for the original version of this recipe, which can be viewed here.
- 2 1/2 pound bag Coloma Frozen Foods Sliced Apricots
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 pastry pie dough
- 1 beaten egg (for the top)
- cinnamon sugar mix (for the top)
- Thaw apricots in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Completely drain apricots.
- Place apricots in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto the apricots.
- Add the white sugar, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and ground cinnamon to the apricots.
- Mix well, so that everything is coated.
- Line your pie pan with 1 of the pie dough shells. (Poke holes in the bottom with a fork so that the pie can breathe while baking.)
- Add the apricot filling and even it out.
- Cut the second pie dough shell into strips. Then weave the strips of pie dough crossing over each other.
- Make sure that the sides of the pie are put together.
- Brush egg wash on top of the pie.
- Add cinnamon sugar mixture to the top.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the outer ring of the crust is golden brown.
- Remove pie from the oven and let cool for 1 hour before cutting.