This recipe for Coconut Macaroons is perfect for any coconut and chocolate lover! Wow! This recipe is loaded with coconut and can be partially covered or completely covered with either semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
This recipe comes from Baker’s, a fine maker of Angel Flake Coconut.
- 1 package (14 ounces) Baker's Angel Flake Sweetened Coconut (5 1/3 cups)
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease & flour cookie sheets or spray cookie sheet with anti-stick spray.
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour, and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Immediately remove form cookie sheets to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Melt baking chocolate as directed on package.
- Dip cookies halfway into chocolate, or dip the entire cookie into chocolate, your preference.
- Let excess chocolate drip off.
- Let cookies stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper lined tray 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- This recipe calls for semi-sweet baking chocolate. Milk chocolate will work just fine as well.
- These cookies are also delicious without any chocolate topping. We prefer to make a variety of dipped, half-way dipped, plain and chocolate varieties as well.