German Chocolate Fudge is sweet, creamy fudge that will satiate any sweet tooth! This recipe makes enough German Chocolate Fudge to share, but you’ll want to eat piece after piece! This recipe is sure to be a hit at any party or BBQ.
Christin has some really wonderful recipes! We suggest visiting her website for additional breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert options.
- 16 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups heaving whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sweetened angel hair coconut
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and evaporated milk to a boil.
- Stir milk and sugar constantly for 10 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over the butter and chocolate chips in bowl.
- Beat the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla to mixture.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan or to make thicker fudge a 9x9 inch pan.
- Refrigerate fudge for 2 hours minimum.
- While fudge is cooling prepare icing.
- Stir together heavy cream, sugar, egg yolks, and butter in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When thick enough to coat a spoon, remove from heat.
- Add coconut and pecans to icing, and stir together.
- Let icing cool for 1 hour before pouring on cooled fudge.